10 Great Gifts for Kids (2020)
Buying gifts for children can be a lottery. Knowing what they’ll love and treasure - or what they’ll get bored of instantly - is often a frustrating mystery. Combined with the gift-giving pressures of holidays and birthdays, it can be stressful balancing what you know kids want, versus what you think they ought to have.
Our approach to children’s gifts is to offer high-quality products that facilitate real-life experiences. We love practical items that inspire exploration and adventure. Made to last, so that they can be passed on to the next generation.Curious about how we find our products? Take a look at our research process. And if you haven’t already, check out our other gifting guides - for him and for her.
1. This robust canvas apron by Risdon & Risdon has been built to last and be handed down to the next generation. Choose from a variety of classic canvas colours, or Italian denim - or how about their vibrant kids’ cross-back Studio Apron? Whether your little one is mastering the art of cookery, painting or crafting, they’ll love putting these on.
2. Original, organic, durable - these chunky woolly kids’ hats by Myssyfarmi are a firm favourite of ours. Each one is hand-knitted by a team of Finnish grannies from 100% organic Finnsheep wool. Similar in softness to Merino, they’re perfect for sensitive skin.
3. Is it a wagon, a go-cart or a foot-to-floor car? How about all three! This brilliant red wagon by Wishbone Design Studio has been designed to change as your child grows. Made from sustainable materials and with replaceable parts, this is a classic toy with a twist that has been made to last.
4. This vibrant recycled raincoat by Billygoats & Raincoats has been made using discarded festival tents. Cosy, waterproof and windproof, it’s a fun and functional jacket that will keep little ones dry.
5. You might be familiar with our sumptuous linen pyjamas by Piglet - but did you know they make them for little ones too? Sized for ages 3-8, they come in a crisp white with terracotta piping.
7. This kids’ swimsuit by Noma is made from 78% regenerated plastic from ghost fishing nets and other post-consumer waste. Double-lined for durability and comfort, it’s good for kids and good for the ocean.
8. These lovely dresses by Mini Bili are handmade from reclaimed vintage fabrics and end-of-roll cloth. The Mulberry Dress, pictured, is made from an unused furnishing fabric, fully lined in cotton, and can be made for newborns up to 12 year olds. Constructed to last, each one carries a lifetime guarantee.
9. This convertible 3-in-1 balance bike by Wishbone turns waste plastic into an award-winning bike for toddlers. The multi-functional design turns from trike to bike - it’s perfect for little ones aged 12 months to 6 years, designed to grow up with them.
10. In a brilliant postbox red, these robust wellies by Term Footwear will keep little feet dry and warm thanks to their removable, washable rolltop sock. Or for everyday adventures, Term’s full grain leather Chelsea boots ensure they stomp in style.