Terms and Conditions
Please note that these terms and conditions require that disputes be resolved only in England under English law.
Big Green Egg UK, Matthew Burgess & Buy Me Once Competition – Terms & Conditions
- By entering the Big Green Egg UK, Matthew Burgess & Buy Me Once instagram competition, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude entrants and/or any winner if he/she/they do not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its associated companies, families, agencies, or any other persons to whom it is professionally connected.
- Internet or Wi-Fi access required for entry.
- No purchase necessary.
- To enter on Instagram, entrants must follow the three accounts listed below and like + comment on the competition post: @biggreenegguk https://www.instagram.com/biggreenegguk/, @matblak https://www.instagram.com/matblak/ and @buymeonce https://www.instagram.com/buymeonce/ on Instagram
- Entries must be received between 8.30am on Saturday 19th August 2023 and 23:59 on Monday 28th August 2023.
- Any entries not meeting the above criteria and the specific terms of entry for the Competition shall be invalid. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are not received or which are corrupted for any reason.
- The personal information you, the winner, provide (your name, address and contact number) will be used for the purpose of facilitating the free prize draw only. By entering the free prize draw, you acknowledge that any personal data submitted will be used for the purposes of administering this prize draw only by the Promoter and/or by any agent appointed by it to assist with running the prize draw on behalf of the Promoter, and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual's prior consent. Personal information will be kept until 22nd September 2023 and will then be destroyed.
- The Promoter will select the winner for the competition at random from all correct entries and notify the winner by 11.59pm Thursday 31st August 2023.
- Two winners will each receive: 1 x Solidteknics 30cm Quenched Seamless Iron Frying Pan.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner, at no cost to the winner, by or on behalf of the Promoters. The Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service provider or courier;
- The winner will only be contacted by this @buymeonce instagram account, check to make sure it’s that account ONLY to avoid contact from fake accounts. Any other accounts contacting you regarding this competition are not associated with us.
- The prizes are subject to availability.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use all or part of his or her prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the prize on an internet auction site).
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value in the event that the prizes cannot be provided to the winners.
- The Promoter will notify the winners via the platform of entry to obtain details. On such contact, the winners may be required to provide additional information as requested by the Promoter.
- If any winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within 48 hours of the first attempted notification or cannot make use of the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- In the event that, due to the acts or omissions of any winner, the Promoter is unable to deliver the prize to any winner, he or she will forfeit the prize, no substitute or alternative will be available and an alternative winner may be selected.
- The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the Competition at any time.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry to the Competition and/or use of the Prize.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of any Competition prize.
- By entering the Competition, you consent to the Promoter’s use of the information which you provide, or which they obtain from their dealings with you, to administer the Competition.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Promoter: Buy Me Once, Sustainable Workspaces, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London, England, SE1 7PB
Buy Me Once Registered Office:
Buy Me Once Limited, Sustainable Workspaces, Riverside Building, County Hall, 3rd Floor, Westminster Bridge Rd, London, SE1 7PB
Buy Me Once Terms and Conditions
- Accessing our Service
Access to the Services is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide through the Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason any of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Intellectual property rights
We own, or are the licensee to, all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret or trademark law, and any and all other proprietary rights. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Site or any other part of the Service.
You must not extract or otherwise use any of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so. Contact us at: email@example.com
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you are aware that any of your intellectual property rights have been infringed on the Site, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to report the concern.
- Description of Buymeonce.com’s service
Please note that when you decide to purchase goods and/or services the resulting legal contract is between you and the site you purchase the product from. The contract is binding at the moment the customer receives their product.
While every care has been taken to find those great products and manufacturers that are built to last and/or of sustainable origins, we cannot give any undertaking, that goods and/or services you purchase from these external sites will be of satisfactory quality. This and any other such warranties (whether express or implied) are disclaimed by us absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the Seller. Where you order goods and/or services through the Site we may disclose your customer information related to that transaction to the relevant Seller.
We do not review or control, and are not responsible in any way for, sites maintained by external sellers and at no time do we possess any items offered for sale through the Site.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and limitation of liability
(a) Buymeonce.com look for the longest lasting and most sustainable options for each product category and pass on our findings to our users. We promote these products in good faith. If any fail to meet our standards they will be assessed and removed if necessary. We disclaim responsibility for customers disappointed in any way by the products purchased through the recommendation of this site.
(b) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we disclaim responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any part of the Service.
(c) The Site is provided “as is” and “as available” and we expressly disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied and statutory warranties.
(d) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
You may link to our home page on the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Buymeonce.com expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in this clause for breach of these terms and conditions and to take any action it deems appropriate.
Buymeonce.com must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page without permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time.
Buymeonce.com provides links to other websites for your information. We have not reviewed these third party websites and we have no control over such sites or resources. We do not endorse or make any representations about them, or anything found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to Buymeonce.com, you do so at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for third party websites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We link to several different retailers including Amazon. Buy Me Once is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and amazon.co.uk.
- Uploading material to the Site
Uploaded material must not: (i) be defamatory of any person; (ii) contain material which is obscene, discriminatory, offensive, hateful, threatening or inflammatory; (iii) infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; (iv) be likely to deceive any person; (v) promote any illegal activity; (vi) be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or (vii) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Any material a user uploads to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose a user’s identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by such user constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by users. We have the right to remove any material or posting a user makes on the Site.
- Editorial Content
Buymeonce.com contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained on the Site should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed on the Site. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on the Site.
Although we use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content we prepare is accurate and informative, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in such Content, any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your reliance on such Content or the use of any product or service reviewed or discussed in such Content.
The Site may from time to time include Content concerning medical or health-related products or services. However, we do not provide medical advice. The reader should consult his or her medical or health professional before adopting any suggestion contained in, drawing any inference from or taking any other action in reliance on any Content that addresses medical or health issues. Please be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions and comply with the advice of your medical or health professional when using any medical or health-related device or medication or undertaking any health-related activities or program. We are not responsible for any adverse consequences of any medical or health decision or the use of any medical or health-related product or service.
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse Buymeonce.com or any part of the Service by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Breaching this provision constitutes a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, which we will report to the relevant law enforcement authorities co-operating with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- Selling back previous purchases
If you are invited to sell back previous purchases from Buy Me Once, you are selling the items to Sellalong Ltd , a third party company number 13151630 with no legal affiliation to Buy Me Once. Payment for the items is made in the form of a single purpose voucher purchased from Buy Me Once by Sellalong and applied automatically by Sellalong as a discount to your simultaneous purchase of new items from Buy Me Once.
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
If any of these Customer Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Entire agreement
These terms and conditions and any documents expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. Each of us agrees that neither we nor you shall have any remedies in respect of any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or any documents expressly referred to in them. Neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based upon any statement in these terms and conditions and any documents expressly referred to in them.
- Force majeure
Where we or a manufacturer are prevented from or delayed in carrying out obligations under these terms and conditions due to circumstances beyond our or the Seller’s reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, inclement weather, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to the Seller’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or an inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials then either our or the Seller’s (as the case may be) performance of its obligations shall be postponed for the period of time that the circumstances continue.
- Rights of Third Parties
No provision of these terms and conditions shall be enforceable by any third party, employee, officer, agent, representative or sub-contractor under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
General comments about the Site are welcome, please contact us at email@example.com. Whilst Buymeonce.com are always interested to hear about how the products we promote stand up to their promises, complaints about a specific item you have purchased must be directed to the manufacturer concerned.
- Availability of items
Items which have been chosen for inclusion on Buymeonce.com may become unavailable or out of stock. We provide no guarantee that items will be in stock at the time of purchase.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the English law. Except as specified herein, any disputes directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the terms and conditions or the Site will be resolved exclusively by mediation, and if that fails, in the courts of England. You hereby irrevocably consent to such venue and to the exclusive jurisdiction of any such court over any such dispute.
Lifetime Lovers Club Terms and Conditions
Also referred to a rewards program
If you have any questions regarding the Program or the Loyalty Conditions, please contact our Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See FAQs here.
1.1 The Program is offered at the sole discretion of BuyMeOnce Ltd (Registered No: 10050381) Registered Office:Buy Me Once Limited, Sustainable Workspaces, Riverside Building, County Hall, 3rd Floor, Westminster Bridge Rd, London, SE1 7PB and VAT number ofGB256969347 (“BMO,” “we,” “our” or “us”).
1.2 The Program is available to individuals for their personal and domestic use only and is limited to one account per individual. Corporations, associations or other groups may not participate in the Program. Individuals are defined as follows - legal residents of one country where our products are available for sale (according to the Terms and Conditions) acting as consumers who are at least 18 years of age, and who provide and maintain a valid email address. No purchase is necessary to join the Program. The Program may not be used for any business or commercial purpose. At our discretion, we may refuse to create an account without having to give any reason. Employees and individuals employed by our business partners or vendors are eligible for membership for personal and domestic use only but may be excluded from certain benefits of the Program in our sole but reasonable discretion.
2.1 Eligible individuals as defined here-above may enrol in the Program by visiting www.uk.buymeonce.com (the “Site”) and opt in by following the Program prompts to register for the Program.
Should you not wish to opt into the Program, we invite you to check out as a guest while shopping at www.uk.buymeonce.com.
2.2 You are required to provide your full name, email address and to create a password in order to enrol. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with your mailing address, birth date and mobile phone number, however, this information is optional. You are solely responsible for maintaining the accuracy of your account information and for updating it as required. You may update your personal information from within the Account area on the Site.
2.3 Only one Program account may be associated with a single member and a single email address. In the event of a dispute over ownership of the Program membership account, the member will be deemed to be the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at the time of enrollment. For purposes of these Loyalty Terms, the “authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. We do not allow several individuals to use a single account for the purpose of accumulating Program benefits.
3.1 Neither accounts nor Program rewards, benefits and/or points may be transferred, shared or combined by members. Only the member paying for the products and/or services may accumulate rewards, benefits and/or points. We reserve the right to monitor the number of accounts per household and refuse, merge or close additional or duplicate accounts at any time. Your account information (including security details) is confidential and should not be shared by you with any other person.
3.2 Rewards, benefits and points earned through the Program have no cash value, are non-transferable, and you have no property rights in or to rewards or other Program benefits. Points and tier status credited to your Program account will be decreased or reversed, as applicable, if part or all of a purchase is returned or cancelled or if the credit is obtained through fraudulent or other activity that violates these Loyalty Terms as determined by us in our sole but reasonable discretion. The sale, barter, transfer, or assignment of any reward benefits, or points offered through the Program, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
3.3 Rewards cannot be exchanged or returned for points, another product or service or a monetary refund.
3.4 The products and services available through the Program and any samples that we may provide to you are for personal and domestic use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products, services, or samples you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled and/or any products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Loyalty Terms.
3.5 We are not responsible for rewards, benefits and/or points lost or redeemed due to fraudulent activity by you or any third party.
3.6 If you have concerns that a purchase or other activity was not properly applied to your account, you should contact our Customer Services Team.
3.7 Rewards can only be redeemed on the Site they were earnt at, and only redeemed in relation to a product purchase, unless otherwise noted by BuyMeOnce.
Termination and modification
7.1 The Program and its benefits are offered at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change Program benefits, how you earn points and how we evaluate and reward your eligible purchases and/or other Program activity at our sole discretion at any time. We reserve the right to place limits on the number of purchases or activities that are eligible for the Program, the number or types of rewards or benefits that you may receive, in a given time period or for the duration of the Program, and/or any combination thereof. Except where prohibited by applicable law, we may, in our discretion, cancel, modify, restrict or terminate these Loyalty Terms and/or the Program or any aspect or feature of the Program at any time with reasonable prior notice to allow you to take appropriate measures regarding the Loyalty points acquired. Changes to the Program will be set forth in these Loyalty Terms and will be effective on the date the Loyalty Terms are posted to the Site (with the effective date reflected at the beginning of the Loyalty Terms). Continued participation in the Program following posting of updated or modified Terms constitutes your acceptance of those Terms as so updated and modified.
7.2 We reserve the right to exclude you from or to discontinue your participation in the Program and to audit your Program account at any time, in our sole but reasonable discretion. Any suspected abuse of the Program, failure to comply with any Loyalty Terms, illegal activity, fraud, misrepresentation or other conduct inconsistent with these Loyalty Terms and/or detrimental to us or our interests, including without limitation, any suspected illegal, fraudulent or other unauthorised use of any Program rewards, points, cards, credits, vouchers, coupons, gifts and/or certificates (all as determined by us in our sole but reasonable discretion), may result in the revocation of your membership and make you ineligible for further participation in the Program. If your membership is revoked, any rewards or benefits in your Program account will automatically expire and your access to the Program and features will automatically terminate. If we suspect illegal activity, fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of these Loyalty Terms, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action.
7.3 If you decide that you no longer want to be a part of the Program, you may terminate your membership in the Program at any time by contacting our Customer Services Team. If you terminate your membership, you will automatically lose all accumulated points and benefits relating to the Program.
- Release: Limitation of Liability.
8.1 We shall not be liable to you for the following:
(1) any failure by you to provide us with correct information and more generally any breach from you of the Loyalty terms,
(2) if we are unable to perform any of our obligations to you due to failure of any technical systems, interruption of service or delays for maintenance or other technical reasons or for any other reasons that fall under force majeure such as, but not limited to, war, terrorism, government action, natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic and industrial dispute.
(3) any damage to your device as a result of using the Site.
(4) any loss of information or unauthorised use of data arising as a result of you using encryption systems below our recommended level.
8.2 The disclaimers and limitations of liability in these Loyalty Terms shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees or agents or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable laws.
- Governing Law; Dispute Resolution; Class Action Waiver
Unless the laws of your jurisdiction require that those laws apply, this Program and these Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with UK law, without prejudice to the application of the mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. All disputes related to these Conditions will be submitted to the competent courts of your country of residence. Nevertheless, please note that to solve any dispute with us, you are also allowed to refer to mediation thanks to your relevant local Consumer Commission or any other alternative dispute resolution method.
- Entire Agreement; Waiver and Survival.
These Loyalty Terms govern our relationship with you as it relates to the Program. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Loyalty Terms, you have not relied on any representation except as expressly set forth in these Loyalty Terms and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any such representation not included in these Loyalty Terms. Each provision of the Loyalty Terms shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in the circumstances. No waiver by us will be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach by you of any provision in these Terms.